Attorney Anthony Wilkinson concentrates his practice on serving the legal needs of businesses in New Jersey and beyond, with a special emphasis on acquisitions, technology and business-to-business relationships. Mr. Wilkinson attended the University of Michigan as an undergraduate, where he graduated at the top of his class in electrical engineering before earning his Juris Doctor degree at Yale Law School.
Mr. Wilkinson began his legal career as a judicial law clerk for Chief Justice Robert N. Wilentz of the New Jersey Supreme Court. Following his clerkship, he was awarded a position as an associate in the Project Finance Group of the elite law firm of Dewey Ballantine in Manhattan. He has also served as president of an organization that managed the investment activities and tax reporting of the corporate general partner for a five-member investment partnership.
With his extensive background in technology, finance, and business law, including researching and writing his own patent, Mr. Wilkinson is well-positioned to analyze his clients' industries, business interests and legal needs, and to help them develop a road map for their success. He is skilled in clearly communicating complex legal concepts in a way that enables clients to confidently make the decisions that will best serve them and their companies.
- Yale Law School, J.D. (1990)
Editor, Yale Law and Policy Review
- University of Michigan, B.S. in Electrical Engineering, summa cum laude (1986)
Admissions to Practice
Articles & Presentations
Anthony Wilkinson demonstrates his knowledge, experience, skills and competency by regularly sharing what he has learned with others.
- Panel Presentation: “Crucial Technology Issues in Modern Law Practice - Handling and Protecting Documents, Communications and Client Data,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, July 2017
- Panel Presentation: “The Paperless Office,” 2017 Solo and Small Firm North Jersey Conference for the New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 2017
- Article: “Licensing a Trademark While Minimizing Exposure to Liability Arising from the Business Relationship with the Licensee” by Anthony Wilkinson and Lisa Gora, New Jersey State Bar Association Business Law Section Newsletter, Vol. 37, No. 3, January 2014
- Panel Presentation: “Being a Better Steward with Ten Steps on Spending Less on Legal Professionals,” Star 99.1 Business Networking Seminar, November 2013
Continuing Legal Education
Anthony Wilkinson ensures that he is well-prepared for any legal task needed to serve his clients by regularly participating in continuing legal education programs such as the following:
- IP Ownership Use and Protection Provisions in Commercial Contracts
- Structuring LLC Operating Agreements - Crafting Fiduciary Duty, Indemnification and Exculpation Provisions
- Legal and Tax Considerations in Drafting Business Owner Agreements
- Convertible Debt and Priced Equity Rounds
- Best Efforts, Good Faith, Fair Dealing in Commercial Contracts
- Candidate for U.S. Congress from the 6th District of New Jersey (2014)
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Pillar College, New Jersey
- Educational consultant, Seton Hall University, New Jersey
- Volunteer teacher and educational trainer, Monmouth Worship Center, New Jersey