Fund Your Business
Wilkinson Law LLC represents experienced entrepreneurs embarking on new business ventures as well as investors whose support is critical to helping innovative ventures successfully launch and continue to thrive. The firm's mission is to maximize opportunities for our clients while managing their risk.
The firm also represents the interests of angel investors and venture capitalists. While these investors are sophisticated and well-versed in business matters, they still benefit from legal guidance to help evaluate opportunities and protect their interests. Wilkinson Law represents both accredited and non-accredited investors.
Wilkinson Law has worked with clients starting and investing in businesses in a broad spectrum of industries, including:
- Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
- Investor Services
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Medical Device Development
- Food Services Franchising
- Telecommunications Services
- Mobile Application Development
- Real Estate Investing
Guidance for Startups and Companies in Growth or Transition
Securing funding is one of the most important, and most challenging, events in the early stages of a business's development. It is essential to prepare diligently, putting in place comprehensive documentation to assure investors of the value of a company's prospects and the strength of its business plan. An attorney who understands not only the law in this area, but the business and its technology, is essential to presenting the company in its best light.
Wilkinson Law works with new businesses seeking to partner with the right investor, as well as with existing companies seeking to achieve their business objectives through affiliated companies and joint ventures with third parties. Wilkinson Law offers advice on changing ownership structures within a firm or among affiliates and on preparing to sell or acquire a company or division.
Wilkinson Law's work on Funding Your Business has included:
- Establishing multiple interrelated companies in a multi-tiered franchise development business
- Drafting, negotiating and closing an asset purchase agreement to acquire a business for a buyer in the building construction and design industry
- Drafting multiple operating agreements for closely-held limited liability companies
- Drafting documents to effect a restructuring of ownership of entities among multiple family members
- Drafting agreements for a founders' round of investment in medical technology companies
- Preparing documents for the formation of a Delaware corporation
- Establishing Delaware corporations for foreign investors
- Representing a foreign buyer in acquiring a pharmaceutical manufacturing company
- Providing advice as local counsel to the foreign seller of a U.S. subsidiary
- Reviewing and drafting convertible promissory notes for an angel investor to contribute capital to a delivery services company
- Reviewing investment documents for an angel investor to acquire an interest in a social media company
- Reviewing investment documents for an angel investor to acquire an interest in a group of healthcare companies
- Reviewing the stock purchase agreement and related transaction documents for an angel investor to acquire shares in a manufacturer of industrial products
- Performing a due diligence review of the legal issues relating to corporate assets and agreements
- Performing a due diligence review of the legal issues relating to corporate structure and formation of multiple related business entities
- Reviewing terms for the acquisition of a medical practice
Maximizing Opportunities for Investors and Enterprises
Attorney Anthony Wilkinson has years of experience advising entrepreneurs, investors and executives. He excels at resolving challenges by understanding the complexity of the business relationships and then recommending the particular legal agreements that will maximize revenue opportunities and return on investment. To learn more about the firm's services, please contact Wilkinson Law LLC to schedule a consultation.